Welcome to my A2 Media Blog

Friday 10 September 2010

How can stories be told?

As part of my research I looked into different ways stories can be told in order to broaden my knowledge of the best way to portray and image on screen. I felt this would be useful as when it comes to me creating my silent film, I will need to have this skill as the lack of dialogue will mean that I will have to make up for it in another way i.e cinematography.
Music videos are a good way of presenting a story as it gives the audience a visual aid to the that they can refer to. All songs have lyrics and in some cases the music videos will show these lyrics presented in the music video in the way the artist wants them to be interpreted. This can be a good thing and a negative thing, it is good because it is a visual aid, however because the audience are shown the interpretation it narrows their thoughts into what they could have interpreted, so in some ways the audience is fed the answer. However, music videos can be very creative and some artists create a visual of their songs that no audience would be able to imagine, so the song has a video that allow the song to be appreciated to the fullest.

A story about domestic violence there is an indirect message saying it is better to walk away before it is too late.



Photographs





No comments:

Post a Comment