Welcome to my A2 Media Blog

Friday 10 September 2010

The cinematography of my silent movie

I continued to do some further research into cinematography as during lessons I learnt the vitality of it particularly with silent films because of the fact there is no dialogue. I looked into various cinematographers and (shown below) is an example...

Vittorio Storaro is the cinematographer for the film Taxi. I looked at a short clip of the film and there are a couple of shots in this clip that I really liked because of the way they were capture or put together. Right at the end of the clip the characters reach the edge of a bridge and I felt it related to the theme of The Fall. Fall to death.


Robert Lepage, born December 12, 1957 is a playwright, actor and film director from Quebec, and is one of Canada's most honoured theatre artists (cinematographers).
Lune - The Far Side of the Moon
Whilst watching some scenes from Lune I payed close attention to the cinematography it conveyed I was impressed by and liked certain aspects such as; Graphic matching also known as match cut.It is a cut in film editing from one scene to another in which the two camera shots' compositional elements match, helping to establish a strong continuity of action - and linking two ideas with a metaphor.Because I really liked the idea of graphic matching I went and researched more ideas of graphic matching.



No comments:

Post a Comment