Welcome to my A2 Media Blog

Friday 8 October 2010

Opening Sequence Ideas/Music

This is a website that I found that I thought had some good COPYRIGHT FREE tracks that we can adapt and use for our film idea.

Saul Bass was an American graphic designer and Academy Award-winning filmmaker, but he is best known for his design on animated motion picture title sequences.Here is an example of the work he created.



After looking at he work I had to come up with
3 opening sequence ideas.

Idea 1: Various shots in slow motion showing a montage of the father and son playing in the park, with the mother looking on in the background. I chose this idea as I feel it introduces the audience to the world of the film so the audience can begin to understand charecters.True blood is the video clip I found below I feel it shows a similar idea it has a montage of shots and shows the audience the world of the film so the audience can start to understand different themes and storylines that may occur.


Idea 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcRr-Fb5xQo The World of our film in animation, my second idea consists of having our opening titles in animation format before going into real life similar to what Saul Bass has done and the title sequence link I posted above.

Idea 3: 'Non - Linear Editing' Having the end of our film at the start, this is also known as non linear editing, it gets the audience asking questions before we gradually reveal them. So with our film idea it would mean that the sequence would start with the father mistreating his child due to alcohol abuse and then revealing how it all started with the scenes at the park with the mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment